The over 1250 year old Benedictine Abbey Amorbach is one of the oldest abbeys east of the Rhine. The abbey was founded
by abbot "Amor" around 734 and herewith gave the town its name. It was not until over a thousand years later that the abbey
got its present look through Maximilian von Welsh.
He had the dark Middle Age church rebuilt into a bright Baroque
church at the same time with the Refektorium, the Green Banquet Hall
and the library, by Ignaz von Neumann.
Opening hours and Entrance Fees